Travel nurses may be known for their love of adventure, but they also like to plan ahead. If this means you’ve taken the steps to find high paying RN jobs in Florida in plenty of time for the holidays, you’ll want to know what the Sunshine State has in store for you—especially if you have a love of uniqueness, wildlife or both!
- “Blue Heaven”—Unique Dining in Key West: Tourists from around the world come to this artist owned restaurant to buy the art and devour the legendary pancakes. When you dine al fresco, you’ll share the company of dozens of resident roosters and cats.
- Swamp Walks in the Everglades: Do you like Ansel Adams’ photography? Then you’ll love visiting Big Cypress Gallery in Miami’s most impressive National Preserve. Enjoy 1.5 mile rugged tours that include spottings of rare orchids and exotic birds. Bungalows and swamp cottages are available for a night’s stay.
- Robbie’s Marina, Islamorada, FL: This is a one-stop shop if you’re looking to check off vacation must-dos like snorkeling, party boat fishing, eco-tours or sunset cruises. Islamorada is a favorite fishing hole for former President George Bush. The views are just gorgeous!
- Authentic Gondola Rides in Ft. Lauderdale: Nicknamed the “Venice of North America” because of its canals, the Las Olas region of the city has the state’s one and only authentic gondola. Travel nurses can set up unique tour packages, pack a cooler, and enjoy a 1+ hour tour of the city’s enchanting waters.
- Best Bed & Breakfast in Central Florida: The Shamrock Thistle and Crown B&B is on the list of the 10 Coziest B&Bs. Just minutes from downtown Ocala, RNs will feel like they’ve pulled off to kiss the Blarney Stone. The hotel is off the beaten path, near Daytona Beach and Orlando.
- Take a Zipline through Beautiful and Rugged St. Cloud! Known as “Forever Florida: Ziplines & Adventures in the Wild”, this central Florida attraction is gaining traction among those who love camping, horseback riding and thrill seeking.
- One of the most remote island paradises: the Honeymoon Islands: Further west, on the Gulf Coast, RNs will find the charming city of Dunedin, Florida. Take a ferry to the remote Honeymoon and Caladesi Island State Parks. Enjoy the private beaches, hiking trails, kayak rentals and picnic pavilions.
- The Wynnwood Walls and Pop up Shop in Miami, FL! Visit an outdoor urban art gallery that is perhaps the world’s largest display of warehouses as canvases. It’s free and open to the public. This is something that art-loving travel nurses will never forget!
- Stop off at the Dolphin Research Center in Grassy Key: No visit to the Florida Keys is complete without the chance to connect on a near spiritual level with marine life. Come learn all there is to know about the majestic dolphin and so much more, next time you pass through Marathon, Florida.
- Daytona travel nurses must do the Ormond Scenic Loop & Trail! This is a 30+ mile double loop of roadways traversing some of the most beautiful and diverse natural scenery remaining in all of northeast Florida!
So there you have it: a top 10 go-to list of very special Florida locales that are considered “off the beaten path”. If you have a love of nature, and unique events and communities, ilovetravelnursing hopes this list gives you an idea of just how much fun you’re going to have!
See this Florida Fun Pinterest Board with information about all of the attractions listed here